Salisbury Canoe Club would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Lulworth Cove trip 16/17 June 2007  (Read 7199 times)

Offline Kevin Coombes

• Kevin Coombes
  • Administrator
  • Expert
  • If its raining, im boating!
    • View Profile
Lulworth Cove trip 16/17 June 2007
« on: March 08, 2007, 11:21:41 PM »
This is early notice of a trip probably starting from Lulworth Cove and then along the coast on the weekend of 16/17 June.

It will be a day trip on one of these dates, i.e. no overnight camping.

While Pete will be looking after the paddling part of the trip I will be organising everything else.

A rough plan:

Clubhouse 0800
On the water at Lulworth Cove 1000ish
Paddle for a few hours and then stop for lunch (you will be responsible for your own lunch)
Couple of more hours paddling
Back at the clubhouse 2000

Details will be posted here and on a notice board at the clubhouse nearer the time.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:38:53 AM by Jake Anders »
"If found, please return me to a river"

Offline kevt

• New Paddler
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Lulworth Cove trip 16/17 June
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 12:44:56 PM »
Kevin - Thanks for copying this over

And to avoid confusion it will be me, Kev Thornton, who is doing the organising

Offline kevt

• New Paddler
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 10:11:28 AM »
A paddle from Lulworth Cove to Durdle Door. We should meet at Lulworth Cove car park at 9.30am on Sunday 17th June 07. Subject to confirmation an 8.00am start from SCC. We will then paddle along the coastline to have a picnic at Durdle Door. The paddlers are to carry picnic supplies. It is possible for walkers to meet up with us at Durdle Door.

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=381500&y=80500&z=3&sv=381500,80500&st=4&ar=N&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf&ax=382500&ay=79500

This trip will be suitable for all paddlers of 2* ability, but as usual this is weather dependant and we will need to check the conditions the week before and keep are fingers crossed for a nice sunny day.

Kevt

Offline kevt

• New Paddler
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 03:42:06 PM »
As above please meet at Lulworth Cove car park at 09:30, you should have your own canoe and all kit. There will be a small group meeting at the clubhouse at 08:00 so if you need anything from the clubhouse be there at this time.

If my info is correct over 4hrs parking is £5 (I suggest you take change).

There are cafe/pubs (and toilets) at Lulworth Cove but all paddlers should bring a packed lunch and plenty to drink - lunch will be had en-route.

The trip will be a gentle paddle out for about 2hrs, 1hr lunch/sunbathe(!), 2hrs gentle paddle back. If there is somewhere nice to play these times may change!

Spaces are limited so please do not just turn up unless you have confirmed a place with me.

cheers

anything