Salisbury Canoe Club would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Dartmoor 5th Feb?  (Read 3948 times)

Offline ChrisG

• Advanced
    • View Profile
Dartmoor 5th Feb?
« on: February 01, 2017, 01:32:55 PM »
Hi All,

It's raining!! looks like there should be some water on Dartmoor on Sunday so who's up for a paddle? Probably will meet at the club at ~6.30 am (6.00 am for Mark Warner), head down, have breakfast and then go for a paddle, be back in Salisbury probably about 7 pm.

Please post interest on here or on the SCC Facebook page and please let us know if you'd be willing to drive.

Cheers

Chris

Offline Mark C

• Advanced
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dartmoor 5th Feb?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 01:49:17 PM »
Sorry Chris I'm skiing. Have fun

Offline richard

• Advanced
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 05:51:44 AM »
I am up for a paddle if the conditions stay good. What are you thinking of paddling as the loop will probably be pretty busy so may be better getting on the river early if that is what you want to do.

Offline Kevin Coombes

• Kevin Coombes
  • Administrator
  • Expert
  • If its raining, im boating!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 06:09:52 AM »
I'm away in the Cotswolds this weekend. Looks like rivers will be on the low side by Sunday  :-\
"If found, please return me to a river"

Offline PGA

• New Paddler
  • only dead fish go with the flow
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 09:45:35 AM »
I've watched the river levels jumping up and straight back down again, but each time the lowest level is staying up higher, so there should be some water in the rivers. I'm thinking about the Walkham/Tavy as there is a large car park at the top and bottom so numbers of paddlers should be easy to find space to park.

Offline ChrisG

• Advanced
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 09:59:54 AM »
Looks like there should be some water left by Sunday as Pete has said, but is probably going to be busy - perhaps skip the breakfast stop!? Don't really want to meet much earlier than 6.30!!

At the moment its

Me
Sam
Rich
Pete

Tom Will and Mark W all expressed an interest at the pool session or last Tuesday so and will need another car (or two - then I don't have to drive this time!)

Offline ChrisG

• Advanced
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 01:49:11 PM »
Looks like the full complement of paddlers now, see you all at 6.30 am tomorrow!