Salisbury Canoe Club would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Summer white water trip  (Read 3272 times)

Offline richard

• Advanced
    • View Profile
    • Email
Summer white water trip
« on: February 19, 2015, 09:46:40 AM »
Is anyone planning on going off somewhere like the alps this year as I don't think Kev is interested so I may look at going with escape to adventure.

Offline Dave

• Advanced
  • TEAM (leaky) YELLOW RULE !!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Summer white water trip
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 10:52:29 AM »
 :'( not me my pathetic  broken body can't cope with 7 days paddling any more! :'( :'(
PADDLE FASTER I CAN HEAR BANJO MUSIC!!!

Offline NigelSharpe

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 01:28:30 PM »
Rich - no confirmed plans at the moment as I am intending to go sea kayaking in Sweden and around Skye. BUT, I am half thinking of the Sun Kosi in November - I know the organiser well. Interested? https://www.facebook.com/events/729186840510885/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

(Are you on Facebook?)

Also I would surprised if Exeter CC do not do a trip to Europe this year, and if I do not decide to go to Himalayas, I will go there as I still have some Euros to dump whilst they still have a value! I have just posted on their forum to see if anyone is interested. How about a joint trip - something like the Soca in Slovena? Also suitable for old men with broken bodies...
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 02:07:19 PM by NigelSharpe »

Offline ChrisG

• Advanced
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:15:32 AM »
Hi Rich,

I may be interested in the Escape to Adventure option.

Offline richard

• Advanced
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 01:16:12 PM »
Hi Nigel, thanks for your reply. You seem to have a busy year if it all comes off. I need to get something sorted sooner rather than later to book leave so am looking to get dates pretty soon. Chris has expressed an interest in escape to adventure so will see if we can match our time off with availability. Looking at France june/july or Austria in august. What do you think Chris.

Offline NigelSharpe

• Expert
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 11:23:45 AM »
If you go for Escape to Adventure, I can recommend them. I went to Scotland for the first time with Andy Holt through Escape to Adventure. I also have a friend (who is also muttering about another Alps trip this year) who went with ETA a cuple of years ago, and loved it.

Offline richard

• Advanced
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 01:48:56 PM »
I also went to Scotland with Andy and have done a couple of weekends in Wales all of which I enjoyed so have no worries  there.